Sunday, February 21, 2010

A "No Noun" Memory

I just walked by the circular Nurses Station which is in the middle of four halls that intersect on the second floor of this Health Center this morning. There were two nurses, with their backs turned to each other, writing stuff and talking; but without using any nouns. They knew what they were talking about; but to me who walked by and do not know them that well, it sounded like gibberish! No nouns! What were they talking about?
This reminded me of a time about 40 years ago when my Mom and my older sister-in-law would do the same when they were together talking. They knew each other so well that they would not use any nouns. I sure didn't want to be around. I would say, "Mom, what are you talking about?" She would sheepishly smile and apologize. She probably saw me as someone who was slowing down the conversation. Ha! That memory returned tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment