Saturday, February 20, 2010

How Can I Say "No!" to These Eyes?



This is LEXI, my Kid's Silky Terrier that resides with me...sleeps with me...eats with me...is all over me. I love the attention!
YOU that have Kids know, that there are times, after your Kids move out, that you really miss them. When that happens, what I can do is get something that belongs to my daughter--maybe a rock she has given me or a photo of the two of us together and hold it and think of her.
The problem is, what I usually chose is not a small artifact or photo that I can put in my purse. I go for her dog, Lexi. Clearly know that the dog has not taken my Kid's place. That could never happen; but Lexi knows how to give me instantaneous attention that just fills the coffers of my soul!
However, when Lexi opens the cabinet door under the sink with her long nose, shreds my important papers that are on the floor, or when she hauls off with my underwear that has been in a hamper in a closed closet in the bathroom, I still give her a solid "No!" This makes her come closer to me, cuddle right up to me and show me those big browns that are in the picture above. She knows how to work the house.
You know, when there is a problem, I love on Lexi more, tell her I forgive her (for being a dog!) and throw her a cat...[sic]...not really. Actually, I give her a kinda treat to gnaw on.
Isn't this what I did with my Kid? Say "No", pick the Kid up, cuddle her and talk about bad behavior, forgive her, and hug her again...and NOT reward her with food!
Yep, the dog reminds me of my Kid!

1 comment:

  1. She is so precious!! So why do I still have my kid AND my kids dog??

    ReplyDelete