Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Go Ahead, Pay the Price"

Sometimes I just have to pay the price...

Today is Thursday. I went into work today as CareGiver to my Nursing Home; but only from 6am to 7am. All I had to do was sit at a table for an hour to make sure "My Lady" would not fall out of her wheel chair. She has 24/7 coverage. She slept in her chair for the hour. How hard is that?
Now, you ask, is it worth getting up at 5am, brushing my teeth, showering, getting dressed, and driving over in 20-degree very cold weather to do this?
My answer is,"You bet!" Doing this gives me the prior Wednesday evening free to be with my "Bible toting" friends at Wednesday night Bible study!!!!

However, this morning at work, in the quiet of the early morning TV room, I hear out loud, "Lady in the black sweater...(it was brown)..please close the drapes tonight (it was still dark outside) because I see the children's eyes looking at me." I turned around... "What? you talkin' to me?"
"Mrs. T," I said, as I walked to my table, "it is 6:45 in the morning and we are on the second floor." "Lady, the drapes are still open..."was her response. So, as the dutiful wonderful person that I am, I closed the drapes almost completely. "Lady" as I was walking back to my table, "they are still open a little..." Breaking into her comment, a Tech said to Mrs T. "The drapes are broken, they can not close any more." "Okay." Mrs. T was happy with that. Live and learn!
And, when she finally went to sleep, 3 minutes later, I went, opened the drapes, pulled up the blinds and let the sun in. It was morning.... and left, it was 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment