Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Addiction...


I am always "on call" and was asked to come to the Nursing home. The Daytime CareGiver's husband had had a heart attack and was in route,45 miles away, by ambulance to the Hospital. She needed to meet him there. The food tray had arrived and it was time for My Lady to be fed. Wow! I went quickly.

When I arrived, My Lady had been served a plethora of warm, good-smelling food. She was not hungry due to eating a large breakfast; so she accepted the lukewarm Strawberry Ensure in the can with a straw. I placed her wrapped up pimento sandwich and cut pears in the Resident refrigerator in case she would be hungry later as I had seen the Daytime CareGiver do.

What to do with the large tray full of food? As you can see in the photo, she had Strawberry Ensure, green beans, noodles, beef, a bread roll, ice cream, a nutty apple cobbler, crackers, margarine, dry chocolate Ensure to add to the milk, and a pimento sandwich. Now, I have made it a habit not to eat ANYTHING that is on the tray. I do not trust what they put in the food since the food is being ordered by a doctor especially for her. I could break out with hair on my gums...

However, when hunger overtook me, you see what I chose to taste out of all this food... Can you see my addition??? ha! It was good; but it was not to be the beginning of a bad habit for me. I left it on the tray. My Kid later called and brought me dinner. I love My Kid! "There is always a way to escape."

No comments:

Post a Comment