Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Health Center Life and Culture

Last week I walked into the Health Center to sit with My Lady at 7pm. When I got off the elevator on the second floor there were no residents in the four hallways that run into the circular nurses station in the center. It was "dead" quiet. I found out that a resident had expired at 6pm and her family, who had been called in, was in a glassed-in room talking to the Administrators and signing papers. A nurse had called an ambulance, using 911, to come take the body.
Out of respect, the Techs had quickly moved all the residents, who were usually in the four hallways, into the TV room. Wow! This is a different world I am in.
Last week I heard the Techs say something like, "205 911'd."It meant that the person in room 205 had expired and 911 had been notified to take them away the body during the time I was gone. Whew! Life and death are dealt so casually every day in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment