Friday, February 19, 2010

Bread Is Not the Answer



I had just come out of a Bible Study where I decided to get back at eating healthy and quit eating BREAD, my worst vice. I went to the grocery store and bought some healthy food. When I came out, I found this 18 wheeler that said, "Bread Is the Answer." Come on! Why is it when you have made a decision to quit something, that thing is everywhere in your face.

I pulled out my phone and decided to photograph this monstrous advertising of BREAD! The timely irony of this truck and my decision! When the driver of the truck saw me photographing his truck, he asked me what I was doing. Busted! ...so I told him. I said that I came out of the generation where Coke said they were the answer, then in the 70's the Jesus Movement outwardly proclaimed that Jesus was the Answer! The truck driver broke into my conversation and said, "Yes, Jesus Is the Answer." Wow! That was all the answer I needed to hear. I photographed him and said I would send him a photo the next day, which I did. Whew! God promises in Scripture that every time we are tempted, He always makes a way to escape. I needed this drivers's confession! ...and I escaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment