Thursday, June 21, 2012

I cannot eat a Crawdad. They were my pets.


These beautiful little critters are also called mud bugs because they are harvested in the mud. Today, my Nashville family goes to a big crawdad "broil" and has a great eating time. Yuk!

The few live crawdads that I have had during my lifetime were not thrown into hot boiling water; but rather, into my aquarium. I would love to see them go after the fish. Haha! Zany!

My only problem was that I had to make sure the light hood was secure on the aquarium. One day when I walked in, I found one taking off across the floor. I had to catch it and it looked just like this photo. Kinda spooky!

When one would escape, he would fall and live. Then he had to hide from the cat who would eventually catch him, play with him for awhile, and eventually eat him. The few I had were always escaping... until there were none.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting topic here in your site. Keep on posting this kind of topics. Very useful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand... I couldn't eat a dog... my pet :-)

    ReplyDelete