Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Buy a Hint?


I had an interesting experience...

You may know that my challenge has been to learn how to play any simple WordSearch puzzle.

I walked by a person who was working the puzzle so easily. I thought, "I could do that!"; but had never played them before. However, when I went to play, I just didn't see the words. I was really terrible at it!

So this was my challenge: To do so many of these WordFind Searches in newspapers, magazines, books, and online, so that I would understand the concept/gimmick in finding the words that run backwards, diagonally, etc.

This has been a simple thing but it has been my quest. Then, I was playing the free app "Word search" on my Android phone. I used the 3 hints available and when I hit the (-) mark at the word, "HINT," it sent me to this screen above where I could "BUY" more hints to finish the game....Whoa!

$2 for 10 hints...(?) Duh! Now I know HOW app businesses are getting money from people like me. I am sure there are those who would buy some hints rather than just keep looking or get another game.... ha! Mercy!
Thank the LORD I didn't have that need. I just went on without any "HINTS." ha! Interesting...

1 comment:

  1. That's my mom! You're so smart you don't need the hints!

    ReplyDelete