Monday, May 10, 2010

The Nashville Flood. May 2, 2010.



Yes, Nashville has had a devastating flood but it did not receive much media news because there was no looting, no violence, and people were helpful to each other to save lives in the flood. As you see, it did not match the criteria for news media today. However, there is 1.5 billion dollars worth of repairs not counting the millions of dollars for the Opryland Hotel and conference center which will be out 300,000 visitors for the next 6 months.
However, Nashville is back! Electricity is back on and soon our second sewer processing plant will be up and running so I can wash my car. ha. Seems little compared to the thousands of people who have been affected in Middle Tennessee. God is Good! Only lost about 11 people due to the flood.
Check out the video The Nashville Flood. May 2, 2010 on You Tube.
The cow pictured that ended up on the roof as the waters subsided, reportedly fell off and is doing well as you can see. Ha. Reminds me of a story my Mom told me about when she was a little girl and San Antonio, Texas flooded. Her family had to escape, but when they all returned to the house after the water subsided, Mom says that they went inside the house and found their dog on top of an armoire (clothing closet furniture before closets were built in) waiting to be rescued. ha.
I was little when I heard that story, but it impressed me. She tried to explain how it happened, but I never got it until I saw this cow on this roof...then I remembered the story. The Lord permits us to keep things in the back of our heads. Hopefully it is for our good and not anger or regret that will surface when you least expect it. I guess that it why it is always good not to go to bed Angry...that stuff will surface...when you least expect it. Click on: The Nashville Flood. May 2, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment