Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ever get Prostrate and Prostate mixed up?

I just heard that a young man used the word, "prostrate" for his father's illness.

I think it's from a hymn: "Let Angels prostrate fall..." I was at St Paul's Elementary Lutheran School, many years ago in a friday morning school church service, when I remember that I had the misfortune of singing "Let Angels prostate fall." We were kids and everything was funny.
However, it was probably, my friend Linda Tafolla, that heard what I sang. It got a big laugh, but I was innocent and didn't know what I had sung wrong. We were so very young.. ha! But again I always sang "fair are the tomatoes" rather than "fair are the meadows" in another hymn.

Now that I thinking about it, I used to get teased with my Castile Hills church friends in San Antonio in the early '70's for not knowing to use the right word, "crotch" or "crouch." This came up with the music of Andre Crouch. I think I kept saying Andre Crotch. ha! Long time ago.

Anyway, aren't we blessed to have an education...

No comments:

Post a Comment