Sunday, March 11, 2012

Don't you just LOVE new experiences?

Well, I sleep on a very big bed with my female Silky Terrier, Lexi. (Notice the long thin rat-liked nose.)
Lexi likes to snuggle next to warm me at night. She will have taken over my warm spot when I get up and then I have to move her to climb back into bed.

Late last night returning from the bathroom, I walked up to the bed and scratched the sheet with my fingers to purposely make a lot of noise to wake her. I knew I would have to move her. I love teasing Lexi since I know she naturally responds to any movement or sound.

However, the joke was on me because she had responded and was much closer to me than I expected. So, when I leaned down to say "Hey!", she was standing right next to me and her nose touched my right sleepy eye and Pop! Static electricity! I saw light!

The static I generated with my hand and her COLD WET NOSE made for perfect conditions to hear a big pop!
I SAW a flash in my right eye like when you touch someone and it sparks. It didn't hurt, but it surprised me. Of course, the dog jumped and whelped since it shocked her wet nose. Haha! We were both spent!
This was a new experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment