Monday, May 2, 2011

Do you see a Rabbit and Lexi ?




Notice the RABBIT in the wooded area of the photo???
Well let me tell you first about Lexi who caught a chipmunk last week.
Lexi and I stepped outside the apartment to see a chipmunk run across my feet and around the backside of an air conditioner. The chipmunk was heading
away from the building across 50 feet to the wooded trees when Lexi saw it and took off running...however, Lexi was taking a trajectory that would put her in front of the chipmunk. Sure enough, the chipmunk ran right into Lexi. Lexi grabbed it by the neck and to heaven for the chipmunk! All this happened in 6 seconds.
Lexi was tossing it in the air by the time I got there to discard its little lifeless broken-neck body! I restrained Lexi with my left hand, cautiously leaned over to pick it up by the tail with my right to pitch it into the wooded area. Lexi jumped up out of my hand. grabbed it, and came down with it. Gross! I was left with an inch of hair off its tail in my hand. Yuk! I grabbed Lexi again, yelling to keep from vomiting, and now I had to grab the closed-eyed lifeless chipmunk by its hairless little toothpick-white tail and give it a swing into the bushes. It was all over. Whew!!!

Ever see a chipmunk run? Lexi and the chipmunk were so very fast!!! It dawned on me....Squirrels keep getting away from Lexi because they climb the first tree. Chipmunks don't appear to climb, so they have to out-run what is chasing them...

Back to my purpose....Well, when I saw a LITTLE RABBIT (in the picture) take off to the wooded area. I thought, "Oh NO! not another Lexi experience." But Lexi did not see it. Whew! I was even able to use my camera to photograph it a few times! Since Lexi never chases anything into the wooded area, I was expecting the rabbit to just hop inside... What was wrong? I was scared Lexi would chase and kill it also.

As you see in the photo, the rabbit stopped where it is in the photo and would not move.
Lexi knew something was going on...she kept looking around but did not see or smell the rabbit. So quickly, I
put Lexi on the leash and the restrained Lexi and I chased the rabbit into the woods.
Whew! Mama! I have got to get a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment