Friday, February 4, 2011

Puzzled


Alright..there are people who love puzzles. I thought I did.
In my newly retired life, I have gotten interested in putting together puzzles so I went looking for a puzzle. I finally found one at the Dollar Store and bought me a One Dollar $1 Puzzle. (This is it in the picture.)
I did not realize a couple of things about puzzles: First, that the pieces on a cheap puzzle are all the same size and fit each other at all angles no matter what the picture is on the front. Second, each of the pieces of the puzzle do not interlock. Therefore, when I began putting this Boat puzzle together, all the pieces would move if I talked or sneezed! What was that all about?
It didn't take long for me to figure out that I could quickly remedy this problem by taking the Tacky Glue (that you see in the photo) and put some on each two pieces that fit correctly.

By time I finished the puzzle, it appeared laminated. Stiff, but nicely laminated!
So as you can see, I have hung its stiff self on the wall with a push pen...ha! That was fun.

Don't ask about the pieces that are missing. Since it was fast drying tacky glue that I used to put the 500 pieces together, I had lost my finger prints on my index fingers and thumbs from pulling the excess glue off of my fingers. Live and Learn! No more cheap puzzles for me, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment