Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You Want What?


Well, it is eleven pm on a Tuesday night and My Lady is asleep in bed. We are in a Nursing Home and it is totally dark in here in her bedroom, except for the flickering light from a TV on the dresser. My Lady lifts up her head and looks straight at me, tells me I look good and tells me that she is having trouble with E Major. She asks me if I start (playing) with the second finger for E Major. Who the dickens knows that except her daughter, another Julliard violinist; but I am not going to call her right now to find out! I tell My Lady, "I think so." She tells me "to think on it awhile" and leans her head back down and begins snoring... (?)
I guess that is better than last week when she asked me to buy some material so she could make some bathing suits. I just looked at her. She said, "Well, are you going to go?" So I said "Okay" and stepped outside her vision. Mind you, it was 2am. Night time brings out the best in us.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like being content in your own little world. Spend any time in a nursing home and you will find that most are not at home.

    ReplyDelete