Monday, March 8, 2010

Best Tossed Salad I Make...


Okay, imagine this.
I take out my new Christmas super-duper knife and my cutting board in the kitchen to chop bite-size pieces of Butter lettuce, bell pepper and baby spinach. I take a Romano tomato, cut it in half and cube it. I toss this in the Tupper Ware bowl where I have already tossed the other items. I take a few chick peas, frozen green peas and kidney beans that I have rinsed and toss them in the bowl. I add (notice I quit using the word, toss, but "you know") ...I add a few red seedless grapes for a touch of sweetness. I add very little shredded adagio cheese for an added sharp bite and some Tajin seasoning that I brought back from Texas. I use this wonderful knife, move my fingers out of the way (don't ask) and chop about four white whole mushrooms and add to the mixture. I take some already cooked grilled white chicken from the freezer, thaw for a minute in the microwave and add to the mixture. I get the Kraft Thai Peanut Dressing and half as much Kraft Light Balsamic Dressing and add it to the mixture. The best combination.
I put ice in a baggie and put this and my salad in a thermos sleeve someone gave me. Keeps the salad cold. Boy, am I ready for dinner at the Nursing home tonight.
I arrive on time but My Lady is a bit agitated and wants to go to bed. Because of her nervousness tonight, I have to turn off the light in the bedroom where the Tech has tucked her in. However, I see that I forgot to bring a fork so I quickly go look for a fork in the nurses station but settle for a spoon.
Well, you find me eating this wonderful salad in the dark with a spoon. Yuk! Have you ever eaten salad in the dark? You don't know what you are eating. It is a step worse than eating popcorn or candy at a movie... And, of course, with a spoon...? that took forever because after all these years, I am not sure where my mouth is for the balancing food to go into. I eventually propped the bathroom door open enough to see where the salad needed to go! No comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment