Monday, March 1, 2010

Fish That Tastes Like Chicken

I bought some big chunks of Mahi Mahi frozen fish. I was so excited about trying a new fish. I used some chicken broth, special seasonings and frozen vegetables. I would make a delicious fish soup. I had so much energy that I also decided to clean my fish aquarium at the same time.

Wrong! The more I cleaned the aquarium, the more the fish soup smelled and looked like foul aquarium water. I never realized what a strong fishy smell Mahi has. There was no way I could eat that soup! It smelled like my fish! So... I poured out the liquid, separated the vegetables and gave the Mahi to the dog. Also, do not boil Mahi. The pieces were big, white and tough. No fish bones! Lexi ate the pieces. This fish must have tasted like chicken. ja!

1 comment:

  1. Well...what did you expect? It smelled like fish because it IS fish. However, Mahi should not taste fishy. It was bad more than likely.

    Try it again but go to a fresh fish market. Two tablespoons of Olive oil and some seasonings. Yum.

    Poor dog.

    ReplyDelete