Sunday, June 30, 2013

Did anything like this ever happen to you?

I was just minding my own business driving home and turned  to see that on the outside of my car window a bird had left a big purpley-white blob that was so juicy it ran down my hot window and dried? Yuk!
Oh well, I thought I would take care of it as soon as I got home. 
I was drinking iced tea so I could splash it the window and wipe it off. 
This was my thinking.

What follows happened in 30 seconds:
I parked the car and took the napkin from inside the door to wipe with, sucked up a mouthful of ice tea, looked around to make sure I was by myself, and spit it at the window. Most of the tea hit the window, the rest ran down my chin. Good. I was almost finished.

I started wiping and cleaned off most of the bird doo with the napkin. When I saw sticky gum on the window and my napkin. There had been gum in the napkin. Oh no. 
I pulled the napkin away from the window to see a long string of sticky gum stuck to the window like hot mozzarella on a pizza. 
Now what? 


Knowing you can get gum off anything with ice, I quickly drank the rest of the tea to get to the ice. As I put each little cube on the gum, it quickly melted in the hot sun. The gum had to get cold to come off.  

Well, the last of the gum is still on my window. I will have to go after it with a big ice cube and a razor blade. Do they still sell blades or do I have to get my leg shaver with aloe to try to get the gum off?  
How did this get so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment