Monday, July 30, 2012

Doesn't this look good to you? Have you tried any?

Today, I stopped by the Nashville Library and checked out a lame book about how to write short stories. The author recommended in thousands of words that I can write effectively by following the next 3 suggestions:
a. write out the idea or the facts;
b. then write the same incident again, but using the emotions I felt at the time; and
c. then note what meaning comes of it.

I think the author is a spiritual guru; but I can always learn from everyone, so let me give it a try:

a. Okay, these are the facts of this fiasco. After stopping by the Library, I reached for the Mocha Cappuccino Jif that was sitting on the end of the aisle at Walmart. I said out loud, "There should be a law against making this stuff." (note the photo) I picked it up with my left hand and Boom! I dropped it. The glass container went squash on the linoleum. ha! I found a lady who said she would send someone out to clean it. I offered to pay. She said, "Not necessary and smiled."

I kinda wanted to stick my finger in the gooey mess on the floor to find out what it tastes like, but I probably would have cut myself on the glass.

b. What were my emotions? Can I say that my emotions were embarrassment for being clutsey and humor at the same time. It looked like a pile of dark mud with a peanut-butter cap on it. ha! It imploded! Broken glass all over the heap of poo.

Do I feel like a writer yet?... well, uh...No!

c. Is there meaning? Humm...I would say that I will have to work on paying attention to what I'm doing and not staring at that good lookin' guy who walked by; and oh, I will have to work on strengthening my grip!

I bet you wish you had stopped after the 3 suggestions? jee!jee!

No comments:

Post a Comment