Wednesday, October 20, 2010

oTailo, a Bilingual Dog...

Okay, I am visiting a dear Mexican Friend of mine who speaks Spanish most the time. Her Daughter speaks English most the time (and also Spanish) which is typical in many Hispanic homes today in San Antonio, Texas.
The Mom tells this dog, "Vete al otro cuarto" and the dog gets up and goes to the other room. I can't believe what I see. I ask her to tell him to come back in and she says, "Ven" and this dog gets up and comes back into the room. I ask her if the dog understands English and he follows my commands, "Go to the other room" and "Come here."
I said, "This dog is bilingual!" His owner, the Daughter, arrives home from work and reassures me that he is tri-lingual because if he is unhappy about something, he speaks "Yellow Dog."...He says, "Wow, wow, wow, Ruff!"

1 comment:

  1. I have told people hear in SA about this wonder dog. He stayed with us for three weeks while work was being done at his home. I must have been speaking the wrong language, because he and I had a communications problem. His owner finally told me the secret was to threaten him with a time-out and he would behave. Reminds me of my kids when they were 2 years old... O-tell-o is doing well and happily back home.

    ReplyDelete