Monday, June 28, 2010

Last night I went into the Nursing Home to work from 7pm to 7am--my usual hours.
A few Tech Assistants sat together, drinking coffee sharing their most frightening experiences as young Techs.
It was 3am and My Lady and I were in the TV room--in the right spot at the right time.
Sitting at a table and minding my own business, I overheard the Tech tell this story:
“Boy did I have an experience the first time I was asked to help in the body clean up of a deceased resident." It is customary that the funeral director is called to the room and picks up a "clean" body. Then he sees to the body transfer to a funeral home.
She continued,
"It was eerie to work on a deceased body. I was holding and cleaning the arm of this lady in the bed when all of a sudden the deceased lady began sitting up slowly in the bed. I freaked out, jumped back and started yelling. My experienced helper put her gloved hands up to calm me down. She was laughing so hard."
"Then I noticed that she pulled up on the deceased lady’s knee and moved it off the bed control that was hanging on the inside of the bed that was lifting the front of the bed. It took me a long time to think that this was funny. Many Tech smiles went on for weeks..."

No comments:

Post a Comment