Sunday, September 3, 2017

Finally a New Home
This evening, July 21, 2017, Becky D, my LOAN officer called to say that the Underwriters accepted my loan for the refurbished Condo on 1218 Massman Dr, Nashville, TN 37217-1759. She just received the phone call and called me.  PTL! We could close in a few business days. Hallelujah!

I write this today to explain how these people reflect the marvelousness of my LORD to me. I appreciate them all!

My daughter, Jeni, started heckling me in February 2017 about leaving my 19-year-old filthy carpeted apartment to buy a home. After much prayer, I decided to go for it and by faith signed a home agreement months later on June 6, 2017. Many things have happened since then and have benefited me personally and financially.

There is this one floor cottage, at the end of a condominium with all new appliances and flooring. It is close to downtown and the airport and has been on the market for 54 days with no takers. I think the LORD was holding it for me. My daughter showed up to check it out. She videoed it and said, “Mom, this may be it.” The video was great!


Another blessing is finding a professional Home Agent like Andie R who knows the home market and how to deal with Sellers. She has been generous with her time and a wonderful blessing to me.

The LORD blessed me with a Christian money person, Becky. How wonderful to be able to share my concerns/fears about this home purchase with someone who tells it like it is. She knows my credit score and knows whether my income is feasible for a home purchase. I have no clue.  What a blessing Becky has been!!

Another blessing is the 14-hour HOME READY on-line course that had been available only for a few months. When Becky D heard of it, she encouraged me to take it. I passed the tests  over a weekend and benefited with about $1000 cash toward closing costs. It was marvelous because it educated me about what buying a home was going to be like. I had many questions that the Course answered. I had been an apartment dweller for 55 years and this was to be my first home… Praise the LORD!


And again, most important is Jeni, my darling daughter, who took on the challenge of dealing with  emotional ME.  She found me a home without my having to get crazy involved. She covered all aspects of the purchase for me. What patience! I thank the LORD for her each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment